BOOK COVER

BOOK COVER

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Return to SJE- Student Turned Author Visits School

What a welcoming I had on Monday when I returned to SJE after not attending since the 5th in the 1980's. I read my book to Pre-K to 2nd Grader. It was a blast listening to the kids and reading in each individual classroom! I had a chance to say hi to my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Adams who still teaches there. Renee in Marketing and the preschool teacher MaryTherese were incremental in my visit. The Northwest Indiana Times and the Northwest Indiana Catholic also came to interview and take pictures. I felt like a celebrity! Reading to the kids and telling the kids about the writing process as well as emphasizing the importance of imagination in a child's growth were definite highlights of my trip! We also entertained a coloring contest that each grade participated in for a coloring book prize version of Paxton and Mali Find Their Boat. There were 4 winners from Pre-K, K, 1st and 2nd grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment